Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Yukata Time!

Hello again :)

Its been quite a while since I've worn kimono... Last time was when I was doing the Hogwarts Houses themed kitsuke and I had a terrible time being a Ravenclaw one day....
Anyway, its summer here in Australia and we've had a few really hot weeks ( there's lots of bushfires going around at the moment) but at least its cooled down a bit now so the other day I thought it'd be a good time to throw on a yukata.
Now I only have three yukata in my whole collection as I was silly and didn't start with yukata when I first got into kimono...
So here is my first ever yukata: Oh and its wrinkled, I didn't think to give it a quick iron before wearing it...







The mauve of the obi doesn't really match with the purple on the yukata but close enough. Really happy with how my obi turned out! Usually I can't make a chou-chou even but I must've lucked out this time  :p


Also a super quick photo of the Pampass grass kanzashi I managed to buy from Ichiroya when they had a massive sale on maiko kanzashi a few months ago.
Finally! I've been wanting this kanzashi since I first got into kimono/kanzashi way back in 2008.
It's not in the best of conditions but I'm very, very happy to have it either way. Unfortunately I missed out on buying a bridge part to make it a set :( 
I also missed out on buying a uchiwa kanzashi bridge to make a set from that too.
And I would love a wisteria set! The rest I could honestly make myself I could be bothered lol.
Oh well, Maybe next time :)


Umm, I've also uploaded two Nagoya odori programs:




Very interesting as I wasn't sure what these actually were, I thought they were Goin odori (from Gion Higashi in Kyoto) but a few Flickr members set me straight :)

There's also some maiko hikizuri on YJA at the moment:




They all seem to be quite damaged so I don't know if they were used in henshin...

There was also this hikizuri which has already sold:
From the same seller, also with a lot of damages but the auction still ended for 34,270yen!!!
I was going to have a bid around the 10,000 yen mark but I've been working a lot recently and I flat out forgot to bid before going to bed!

I've nearly finished sewing my maiko hikizuri too! 
I just need to add a strip of fabric at the under arm openings and its done!








1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look so cute in your yukata
But geez, that cool change, what a relief!